On May 15, 2021 is officially ended the obligation of quarantine for those who enter Italy from all EU countries and Schengen area.
For the moment, the news does not correspond to the indications for travelers on the website of the Ministry of Health, but only through the official note of the Minister Speranza on the site itself, so we try to clarify and explain all the various cases while waiting for the official FAQ to be updated.
- I am a citizen of the European Union, can I come to Italy for tourism or any other reason?
- Yes, it will be sufficient to show a molecular or antigenic swab on arrival with a negative result, carried out within 48 hours prior to arrival in Italy.
- Are trips allowed only from the European Union?
- No, the same obligation to present a negative swab also applies to all Schengen countries, as well as Great Britain and Israel.
- I’m vaccinated, can I come to Italy without the obligation of a vaccine test?
- Perhaps, unfortunately here we enter into the merit of the clarifications that we are still waiting for, it would seem that the certificate of vaccination will drop the obligation to tampon but we are waiting for confirmation.
- I have had Covid in recent months, what should I do?
- As above, even here the rumors are chasing each other and it seems that providing evidence of having contracted the virus in the previous 6 months will be sufficient to enter Italy without swab and / or vaccination, but also here we are waiting for clarifications
- How can I keep myself updated?
- I understand that if I take a swab and come from one of the allowed countries I can come regardless of the vaccine, but once in Italy what can I do?
- Once you arrive in Italy you must comply with the rules relating to the division into “colored” areas in force in Italy, at the moment fortunately almost the whole country is in the Yellow zone, then at low risk. Our Tuscany foresees therefore the following norms of behavior:
- It is allowed, from 5.00 to 22.00 and in any case in compliance with the hourly limits established for travel, consumption at the table exclusively outdoors in bars, restaurants and other catering activities. Up to and including May 31, 2021, the consumption of food and beverages inside the premises is not permitted. From 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., take-out sales of food and beverages are also permitted. Home delivery is allowed without restrictions, but must still comply with the rules on packaging and delivery of products. As of June 1, 2021, the activity of food services, carried out by any establishment, including indoor, with consumption at the table, will be permitted from 5:00 to 18:00 hours. The entry and stay in the premises by customers are allowed for the use of toilets, to make the payment of the bill (if it is not possible to do it outside) or to buy take-away products, for the time strictly necessary for these needs and always in compliance with the measures of prevention of contagion.
- There are no restrictions on the categories of goods that can be sold. However, retail activities are carried out on condition that, in addition to the interpersonal distance of at least one meter, it is ensured that the entrances take place in a deferred manner and that it is prevented to stay inside the premises more than the time necessary to purchase goods.
- Museums and other institutes and cultural sites are open to the public from Monday to Friday, with limited access in compliance with anti-Covid measures. On Saturdays and holidays, the service is provided on condition that the entrance has been booked online or by telephone at least one day in advance, again with a quota system in compliance with anti-Covid measures. Exhibitions are also open to the public under the same conditions.
- From 26 April 2021, it is again possible in this zone to hold shows open to the public in theatres, concert halls, cinemas, live-clubs (live music venues, in which dancing is not however permitted) and in other premises or spaces, including outdoors. The shows in the presence of the public must take place exclusively with pre-assigned seating and provided that it is ensured the respect of the interpersonal distance of at least one meter both for spectators who are not habitually cohabiting, and for the staff.
- The activity of spas used as health facilities, limited to the provision of services included in the essential levels of care and for rehabilitation and therapeutic activities is always allowed. From July 1, 2021 will also be allowed in this area, the opening to the public of the spa centers, in accordance with the protocols and guidelines of the sector.
- Those in the yellow zone are allowed to travel as follows:
– without time limits, to the entire national territory, if the movement is made for proven work requirements, situations of necessity or health reasons;
– from 5.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m., to places in the white or yellow zone, without having to justify the reason;
– from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., to the whole national territory, if the person who travels is in possession of a valid “green COVID-19 certification” (see the specific FAQ).
You are always allowed to return to your residence, domicile or home.
- Respiratory protective devices (better known as masks) must be worn both when outdoors and when indoors in places other than one’s home, except when continuous isolation from any non-cohabiting person is provided.
The requirement does not apply to:
– children under 6 years of age;
– persons who, due to their disability or pathology, cannot wear a mask;
In addition, it is not mandatory to wear the mask, both outdoors and indoors:
– while engaging in athletic activity;
– while eating or drinking, in the places and at the times when it is allowed;
– when you are alone or exclusively with your cohabitants.
This is the clearest picture we can give you at the moment, we are committed to keeping this page updated to help especially our foreign guests to unravel the required obligations, so do not hesitate to contact us on all our channels for any doubt.
We have already re-started, we look forward to a great season and to welcoming you.